Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Progress

I’ve been seeing some pretty motivating results lately at the gym.  I’ve foregone weight training for cardio.  Hour and a half, 7 days a week, with a good diet all week.  40 minutes of interval, then the rest is a sustained pace, and the odd high-intensity sprint.  I burn AT LEAST 600 calories of cardio a day.  Usually 700.  I’m currently losing about half a pound a day!  I can see a visible difference now.  My face is thinner and I have less of a gut!

I started at 176 about 2-3 weeks ago.

7-28-2010 9-55-34 AM

Goal Setting Recommendation: To move to the next weight range you need to weigh 159 pounds to be in the NORMAL weight range.

I’ve lost 8 pounds since I started, and need to lose 9 more to get into the healthy range.  So 2-3 more weeks.  My current goal is 155.  Once I reach it though, I’ll probably just set a new goal like 145.

Pretty soon I should be able to fit into all the clothes I have from Winnipeg.  And my goal is to be in even better shape than I was then.  Once I have lost my gut and at a body-fat percentage I’m happy with I will start re-introducing weight training and bring my caloric intake up a bit to get a bit more muscle and definition.  By next summer, I’m hoping to look the best I’ve ever looked!

It’s so awesome to finally be seeing results and have a clear plan on how to proceed.  I’ve been trying to lose weight for about a year now, and it used to be so shrouded in mystery, and felt out of my grasp.  But it’s a simple math equation.  End the day at a calorie deficit and you lose weight.  Simple as that.  Plus a bunch of handy tricks for keeping your metabolism up, like taking the stairs at work, drinking ice-water, tea, spices, etc.

I have before pictures from 3 weeks ago.  When I reach my goal of 155 I will take new pictures.  And if I’m feeling confident enough, maybe I’ll post them on here to show the difference!

No comments: