Monday, April 12, 2010

Back On Schedule

Back in Edmonton, time to get back on schedule.  Working out every morning.  Chad gave me a copy of P90x and I’ve started doing the CardioX workout every morning, and still doing weight/resistance training every second evening.  The CardioX is an EXTREME workout!  Literally: heart ready to explode, out of breath, sweat dripping in my eyes, etc.  But after the shower afterwards and a healthy breakfast (tuna sandwich today!) I feel great!

dg6kyd

Then it’s on to level design!  Picking up right where I left off.  Just finished learning how to use the LOD (Level Of Detail) system for particle effects.  The training videos got pretty interesting as they explained the different random distributions that can be used:

4-10-2010 11-09-59 AM

All in all I’ve been making the most of my days.  I’m so ready to go back to work.  I will continue to learn level design, but I’ll have to make work a priority so the training will have to take a backseat, and I’ll continue it whenever I can, make it a personal project.  I’ll be done the bulk of my training by then, but there’s still a lot to learn, especially now that I’m considering the idea of doing it professionally some day.  The working out I will need to stay on top of.  It will be hard, considering the kind of hours and overtime I typically get, but I’ll just have to make it work.

None the less, I love how productive I’ve been lately!  Once you get over the inertia, it’s addictive!

No comments: