Monday, December 15, 2008

COOOOOLLLLD!

It is freezing out!  On Saturday after work I went to start my car and it barely did.  Then when I went to drive the gas pedal froze completely down, my engine revved up right to the red, and I went up onto the curb.  I slammed the breaks and couldn’t get the gas unstuck.  I had to turn the car off, then turn it on, let it rev for a while, turn it off, etc, until the engine warmed up enough to let the gas pedal up.  That’s cold!

This morning it was so cold my GPS and cd player wouldn’t turn on in my car, which again barely started.  Thankfully by now I know how to get to work, though the silent freezing ride wasn’t the best.

I really wish the bank hadn’t held my check.  I now have 25$ to last me until I leave for Winnipeg.  Hopefully they release my check on Friday like they said they would, otherwise they’ll hold it till Monday and I won’t have enough money to drive back to Winnipeg and might have to come with my cousin.  If that’s the case Brett couldn’t get a ride back.  Hopefully it doesn’t come down to that.

Last night it was so cold we had 2 blackouts in our area.  Bill, Tia and I sat upstairs around the 1 candle we could find.  Bill and I just browsed youtube on our iPhones, lol.

I went out for a smoke during the second blackout.  Suburbs are beautiful when there’s no light and a full moon.  Reminds you that we’re still in the wild, no matter how many buildings we erect or streets we pave.

5 days till I come back to Winnipeg!  Can’t wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

Craig A. Bailey said...

Don't talk to us about cold, you jerk. All the hobos died this week in Winnipeg, that's how cold it is! I mean, I'm not complaining about the hobo part, but the cold part sucks. It's the kind of cold where you think you're going to die from your car to your house. 7 feet, and you can feel the grim reaper breathing down your neck. On a fucked up note, the other night, I saw 2 people biking in this weather. I think maybe they were ghosts or demons or something. Messed up. ALSO, I saw a guy get hit by a car! It was hilarious, and he didn't die, so it was even more hilarious.