Monday, May 30, 2011

Infinite Ocean

It’s been cloudy in Halifax for almost a straight month.  Been missing the sunlight pretty bad, and today it finally came out for a while.  I’ve been using my elliptical a lot, getting back into a healthy lifestyle.  When the sun came out this afternoon after already doing a 430 calorie workout, I decided to go for a long walk along the waterfront.  I caught a bus and did just that.

5773216493_d879332f58_b

Was a great afternoon.  The sun was fantastic after a month of gloomy weather, and everyone was out.  It reminded me of my first time in Halifax, when I was visiting for my interview at Longtail and had taken a long walk along the waterfront after the interview was over.  Standing on the same spot today, it dawned on me pretty soon I’ll have been here a full year…

I walked around the docks and had lunch.  Afterwards I sat on the edge of one of the docks and listened to a song off of Devin Townsend’s new album Ghost, very blissful relaxing music.  I sat there for 10 minutes just watching the sailboats navigate the waters, listening to this relaxing song.  It may have been the most peaceful 10 minutes of my life.



5087060881_e217ce539e_b

No comments: