Friday, May 27, 2011

Elliptical

So a few weeks ago I got my raise and had the back pay applied to my check.  I decided to treat myself and went out to buy a new pc.  I ended up making a healthier choice and bought an elliptical.  A really nice one.  I have a gym membership, but it’s a hassle to get there after work, then bus home, etc.  All I use is the elliptical anyway, so this just made more sense, and now I’ll use it much more often and lose weight Open-mouthed smile

It was delivered on Tuesday.  I didn’t realize how much construction would be involved, as it came as just a box of parts.  Took 2.5 hours of construction to put it together.  The instructions said it was a 2 person job but I managed on my own, with a few awkward steps like holding something with my elbow while trying to hold a screw steady with one hand and the screwdriver in the other, etc.  Plus I had to hook up the electronics.  Putting the thing together was a work out in its own right!  And then it left me with a ton of cardboard.  Took 3 trips to take it all out to the recycle bin at the apartment block down the road Smile with tongue out

IMG_3035IMG_3039IMG_3062

But in the end I did get it together and got to break it in with my first workout that night.  A half hour run that burned over 300 calories.  This was a great purchase.  I want to lose another 15 pounds over the 30 I’ve lost since Edmonton.  Mainly the last of my gut and a bit of face-fat, lol.  Wish me luck!

IMG_3054IMG_3056IMG_3066

No comments: