Saturday, October 23, 2010

An Amazing Adventure

I’ve heard the cathedral bells ring in Old Montreal.  I’ve walked the busy streets of downtown Chicago.  I’ve overlooked Toronto from the CN Tower, felt the mist off the Niagara Falls.  I’ve seen the mountains of BC and the winding hills of Northern Ontario.  I’ve driven the flat plains in between.  I’ve felt the warmth of Canada’s Centennial Flame at the Parliament Building and seen the flames of the Alberta oil fields. I’ve been to Fringe Fest in Edmonton and Busker Fest in Halifax.  I’ve walked the crowded corner of Yonge and Dundas, and stood alone on the rocks of Peggy’s Cove.  I’ve watched the sun rise over the Atlantic and set on the Pacific.

I’ve had a pretty interesting life.  Many people have seen more and done more.  But I appreciate every moment of it, because I never thought I’d have the courage to do any of it.  10 years ago I was borderline agoraphobic, and never expected to leave my hometown of Winnipeg, rarely even my home.  Since then I’ve been all across the continent, mostly on my own.  I’ve led an amazing life and met some amazing people along the way.  And I’m thankful for it.

 

Montreal.com

 

Me In Front Of Parliament

Toronto

  

Busy Yonge-Dundas Square

 Niagara Falls

Watershed

353efa449a50ad7664d9cdeb3e07-grande

DSC05531

DSC05527

DSC09723

DSC09781 DSC09807

IMG_1158 

I’ve seen so much beauty in my life, and I never expected to.  My life has been an amazing adventure and I can’t wait to see what comes next!

No comments: