Thursday, April 1, 2010

End Of An Era

rogers1 

I visited Rogers the other day, as I tend to do whenever I visit Winnipeg.  It’s weird, at this point I hardly know any of the employees anymore.  Robin was working when I visited though, and he gave me some sad news.  It’s closing within a month!  I worked there for 2.5 years, and before BioWare, it was the best job I’d ever had.  It was a great group of people I worked with, most of whom became true friends.  We had awesome regular customers, and we got free movie and game rentals 5 days before release.  And now this will be the last time I visit while it exists.  Next time I visit it’ll probably be a mattress store or something…  I don’t like that Winnipeg keeps changing in my absence.  Why can’t it just stay the way I leave it, like I remember it?

rogers2

End of an era.

No comments: