Monday, March 8, 2010

Material Module: Complete!

Finished the material module in my Unreal training today.  Finished making my own custom material.  It is a gray stone with nice specular lighting, and a nice dark orange lava glow underneath.  The further away from you look, the darker orange the glow is.  The lava beneath the stone also has a flow and pulsating glow to it.  In the end it was a pretty complicated sequence:

Final

I’m really enjoying learning Unreal.  The videos are currently teaching me one concept at a time.  I can’t wait to finish all the conceptual parts and make a fully functioning level through the videos.  That will be a rewarding experience.  For now I’ll have to enjoy the small victories, like the way my custom texture looks in-game (in a quickly thrown together test map):

ingame

No comments: