Sunday, May 10, 2009

Good Times In Edmonton

Chad’s trip has been great so far.  I had to wake up bright and early on Thursday.  6:45 AM.  Headed to the air-port and picked him up.  Since we chat on msn, skype, play online, etc, it really felt like I’d just seen him, when in reality it’d been almost 5 months.

We went to McDonald’s for breakfast, since I’m rarely up early enough to do so, then we checked out South Ed Common.  After that we headed to West Ed Mall and spent the day there.  Lots of fun.  That night we went for drinks with a bunch of my Edmonton friends.  Was a really fun night.  I really hope everything works out as planned and Chad moves out here with Olga.

We’ve been having a lot of fun.  Gone to see Wolverine with some friends, and went to see Star Trek just us.  Been showing him all the great restaurants we have in this city, introducing him to my friends, etc.  Gave him the Bioware tour!

He was very jealous, lol.  It’s really made me take stock of my life here.  I love it.  I love my life.  I’d been dying for change back in Winnipeg, for a life that more accurately reflected who I’d become, and I definitely have that out here.  Seeing the life I’ve created here from someone else’s eyes was like seeing it for the first time, instead of the gradual transition from being alone in a new city to feeling at home with a life I loved.  It makes me very proud of myself.  I never would have thought I’d be the type of person able to accomplish something like that.  If you told me, even a year ago, that I’d move to Edmonton, be aggressively pursuing a career with an entire new group of great friends, I never ever would have believed it.  And it’ll be that much cooler if Chad and Olga move out here!

Oh, and I finally convinced Chad to buy an iPhone, and through some very clever string pulling, he essentially got it for free!

Well, we’re off to get some pizza and play Wolverine on 360 all night!

No comments: