Sunday, April 12, 2009

A New Life

Had another awesome weekend, and it’s only half over! First off, it’s awesome that I get paid for Friday and Monday even though I have them off. Secondly, so far every night I’ve had a blast.

Friday I went with Dann to his buddy Brian’s place and played some serious old-school board games with them. Met Brian’s wife, and Melissa dropped by for a bit. It was good fun, and didn’t get home till around 1:00 AM.

Tonight (Saturday) was great fun as well. During the day it was absolutely gorgeous out. I was running some errands in a t-shirt and was hot! I love summer, and it’s pretty much here! Organized Chad’s trip with him. He’ll be coming down in 2 or 3 weeks, staying for a week. It’s gunna be a blast! He’s really gunna get along with the friends I’ve made out here, and I’m certain they’re gunna love him. I really hope he does end up moving out here in a year with Olga.

So when night came Dann gave me a call and told me they were all going to Next Act Pub. Next Act is kinda becoming our regular haunt, like Cheers, lol. It’s a great place right by Whyte Ave. So I met up with Dann at his apartment and we walked to Next Act and met up with everyone. Melissa was already there, with a friend of hers, Julie, who is in the middle of an epic cross-Canada trip. She was actually leaving for Winnipeg the next day! Colin, a fellow Bioware employee met up with us with his girlfriend. Devon, another Bioware dude and also Melissa’s brother, even came out a bit later.

For a while some girl from New Zealand came and sat with us. She had a New Zealand accent like the dudes on Flight Of The Concords, it was AWESOME!

After the pub we crawled Whyte Ave for a bit. Such an awesome area. It kind of reminds me of Osbourne and Corydon mixed together on steroids. Good times.

We eventually made our way back to Dann’s apartment and just had more drinks and hung out telling stories, having fun conversations and laughing our asses off. I eventually took off around 2:00 AM. It was a really fun night.

I’ve been finding myself deliriously happy lately. My life is so fulfilling these days. I’ve never had that before. I’ve enjoyed my life before, of course, but to find it fulfilling is a very new experience. Every day I surprise myself with what I’m capable of. If you told me 5 years ago I’d move to Edmonton, find a career I loved and would be pursuing it with determination, dating, and making a group of new friends who are amazing people, I’d never have believed it. I really feel like everything I’ve gone through in my past was leading me to this. It’s great to know it was all for something. Cause without those experiences I never would have found myself here.

No comments: