Monday, February 9, 2009

Dragon Age In The Media!

Ok, this is just plain cool.  Dragon age has been getting more and more media coverage lately.  There was covers and articles for several big video game magazines already, but what I just found out is one of the coolest things ever for me.  Penny Arcade, a webcomic and gaming forum that any self-respecting gamer knows of, wrote about Dragon Age.  Specifically, Tycho played the demo that I spent 3 weeks helping prepare, and was blown away!!!  The article can be seen here.

Also, gametrailers.com featured a walkthrough by one of the guys in the community scene whose name I’ve heard around the office, but never actually met.  If you watch this video, the main character is actually from a savegame I supplied!  So I picked the name, the spellset, the gear, etc.  That is MY character!  The demo featured is the one I was working on for 3 weeks.  I even wrote an article with pointers on how to make the game looks it’s best, and since I can’t go in to specifics you probably won’t have the context I do, but I can see some points where they go out of their way to follow my advice, and one or two parts where they don’t with funny results.  I find this so cool!

And lastly, just for coolness factor, here’s a video dug up on youtube from a few months back.  It’s an inside peek at Dragon Age.  The cool thing is I know almost each of these people personally.  Stan Woo is hilliarious, in fact I stole a donut from him this morning.  Chad deWolfe is a great guy too.  Bruce Venne’s desk is right behind me!

I play this game 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and make money for doing it!

 

I wonder if the novelty of a job like this ever wears off.

No comments: