Saturday, October 11, 2008

These are my wings, this is my beak.

Time once again for some more reviews of new music I've found, now with the added benefit of being able to listen to it with the playlist on the right-hand side of this page. Just listen to it.

Grizzly Bear - Yellow House: A great mellow album. Sort of reminds me of Bon Iver. I completely forget how I found these guys... A couple of their songs are currently in my playlist. ----->


Comets On Fire - Avatar: Ok, not gunna lie, this is a 'love it or hate it' type band. Psychedelic experimental progressive rock along the lines of Pink Floyd and The Mars Volta. If you're the type of person who can listen to an album of pure noise several times because you suspect there's hidden genius, and hopefully you eventually find it and it becomes an essential addition to your music collection, then this album may be your next 'project'. Not in the playlist :(

Everlast - Love, War and the Ghost of Whitey Ford: You probably know Everlast by now. I enjoy this album, and while it's mostly due to nostalgia, that's still a legitimate reason as far as I'm concerned. No songs in playlist again.


Milosh - Meme: Easy listening, rock/pop/electronica. Comparable to Alaska In Winter. Kinda hard to explain. I suppose I could put a song in my playlist, but I don't think I'll bother for this album. It is good though!


Noah and the Whale - Peaceful The World Lays Me Down: Andi turned me onto these guys while we were driving around the city in her car and she put this CD on. Very indy, very catchy. A pretty cool music video for their single, '5 Years Time'. I put that song in the playlist, give it a listen! ahem ----->

Sunset Rubdown - Random Spirit Lover: Another great find, very original. I love the melodies and a new take on progressive, at least to me. I put two of the better songs on the playlist. 'For The Pier' was the first song that got me into them. I had the album on my computer for a while but never gave it a fair listen until the Genius feature in the new Itunes played it for me and I loved it. The other song is 'The Taming Of The Hands That Came Back To Life' which I just realized is awesome as I wrote this! Give em a listen! ---> --->

The Notwist - The Devil, You and Me: Finally a new album from these guys. Marcus showed me this band when we worked together, but their last cd was in 2002. It's like they picked up right where they left off. Check out 'Boneless' in the playlist ---------------------->

The Streets - Everything Is Borrowed: I can't believe this is my most listened to album right now, lol. It's a British rap band. I heard a song on TV by them somewhere and found it kinda catchy and decided to download the album, and kept putting it off for weeks. Finally downloaded and it's so refreshing, something completely new for me. Album is solid the whole way through, and the lyrics are awesome and fun to listen to! 3 first songs in the playlist are these guys! ->

William Fitzsimmons - The Sparrow and The Crow: An amazing album. Right after The Streets, this is my second fave album at the moment. A solid album the whole way through, this is definitely a 'relationship album'. Or maybe a 'breakup album'. Very comparable to Damien Rice. The second 3 songs on the playlist are from this album! =====>>>

A ton of new music for Dale, and I'm loving it. It's all loaded on my Iphone and I put it on random or use the Genius feature.

Ahem...

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, you can listen to the music on the playlist on the right!!! ---->
If you like any of the songs you hear on there you can download them from my domain at http://www.dalefurutani.net/Music/

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.