Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Dark Side

Enemies become friends.
Well, I finally bought a PS3.  It has a ton of exclusives I’ve always wanted to play, with more announced at E3.  And I had a ton of old games to trade in.  With the trade in and some other lucky promotions, I got one of the best deals ever.

  • PS3 160 gb
  • Call Of Duty: Black Ops
  • Killzone 3 Collector’s Edition
  • Infamous
  • Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Little Big Planet & Wipeout HD (Sony’s Welcome Back promotion, since I technically had an account from when I briefly had a PS3 in Edmonton)
  • HDMI Cables
    Total after tax: 200$

Now THAT is a deal!  The Killzone 3 Collector’s edition came with a cool dynamic theme for the PS3, all DLC, the OST and Making Of vid, an art book, an action figure and a cool bust of the Helghast.

This bad boy sits on my living room coffee table :P

I spent most of the weekend on Skype with Chad playing PS3.  Felt like old times having a videogame night with Chad.  I miss when we lived together in Edmonton, those were good times.

My PS3 experience hasn’t been perfect however.  The first night it started beeping and making really louds clunking sounds.  I returned it the next day for an exchange and the new one is working fine though, thankfully.

Also, Oliver was quite happy to see I finally got a PS3.  He’s an admitted PS3 fanboy (and Kanye fanboy for that matter…)

Ollie!

It’s been a lot of fun so far, and easily worth the cheap price I paid!  So far I’ve been playing Infamous and Little Big Planet.  You may have noticed I’ve added a PS3 ID badge to my blog now too.  Now I can be an achievement AND trophy whore Smile with tongue out.  Now back to playing!  If you have a PS3, add me:  notme2000

Infamous

No comments: