Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom

Today is Mother’s Day!  Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to my Mom today because she is on a trip to Ottawa right now, but I left her a message wishing her a happy Mother’s Day.

When I was in town last week, unbeknownst to her, I bought her a gift card for bath salts, etc, and hid it behind one of the pictures in our living room hall.  On the message I left for her I told her where to find it.  I think that’ll be a cool surprise for her!

Behind the left picture!

Now time to get a bit sappy;  I miss my Mom.  She’s a big part of my life, and it sucks only getting to see her a handful of times a year.  When I moved to Halifax, even though me leaving was a common thing by then, when she dropped me off at the airport I saw a few tears.  I’d been living in Edmonton for 2 years, so me leaving after a trip wasn’t anything to get too worked up over, so I took it to mean pride.  I was moving across the country to officially start a career.  That pride means more to me than she’ll ever know.

Mom visiting me at BioWare.

She visited me in Edmonton, and it was great showing her what my life there was like.  Giving her the tour of BioWare was great.  And this fall she’ll be visiting me in Halifax!  We may even take a trip to see Prince Edward Island!  I’m really looking forward to it.  I love visiting home, but it’s great to show her the life I return to when I leave Winnipeg.

My Mom reads this blog, so Happy Mothers Day Mom!  I miss you!

No comments: