Saturday, April 16, 2011

-75% Wisdom

Got my wisdom teeth out yesterday.  I’d been dreading it for a while.  I bussed to work in the morning, and at noon I walked down the street to the dentist.  I was really nervous.  I knew I was being sedated with laughing gas, but the dentist gave me 3 Ativan to calm the nerves.  I took them and sat in the waiting room.  By the time I was up, about half an hour later, I was high as a kite.  When I stood in the waiting room to walk in, I almost fell flat on my face.  They led me to the dentist chair and gave me the gas…

Man, I was GONE.  I remember they had a radio playing but to me it sounded like the same 2 second loop getting louder and quieter.  I was awake for the entire procedure, but completely wasted.  I actually remember feeling my wisdom teeth being broken in half and slipping out of my gums.  I remember thinking “Wow, this really hurts” but I was so high I didn’t care.

I don’t remember much after that.  Around 9:30 I found myself watching Arrested Development in my bed, drinking an Iced Tea.  I don’t remember how I got home, putting on the DVD or anything.  This morning my downstairs neighbors told me they’d witnessed me get home yesterday.  Apparently the cab had pulled into the driveway and the driver had sat there for 5 minutes waiting for me to get out.  I guess I was so out of it the driver finally got out of the car, opened the back door, unbuckled my seatbelt and practically carried me to my front door.  Then, according to the neighbors, I took over a minute to unlock the door.  I don’t remember any of it, but when I looked on my phone this morning I did find this video:

I don’t remember this at all, but I guess I had the hiccups!

Now begins the healing process.  It’s not so bad, the pain isn’t bad unless I don’t take some ibuprofen.  A few weeks ago I went grocery shopping and picked up a ton of pudding, yogurt, jello and ice cream.  Still, I’m really missing real food.  And smoking.  I can’t smoke for at least a few days.  I’m going to try quitting since I can’t smoke for a few days anyway, hopefully it sticks!

IMG_2430

No comments: