Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hup Hup HOOOOO!

fitness-home-TI01-hsmall

I worked out for a bit before my trip to Winnipeg this past X-mas and I was starting to see the results.  Then while I was in Winnipeg I completely dropped it, and never really got back in the groove of things.  Well for the past 3 weeks I’ve completely changed my lifestyle.  Working at a desk, eating out all the time, and just getting older and having my metabolism slow down was leading to a hefty gut…  So for the past 3 weeks I’ve started working out 4-5 times a week using free weights, my cousin’s Bowflex, and doing things like pushups, crunches, jogging, etc.  I’ve also started changing my diet.  I drink ice-water pretty much exclusively, which was a lot easier than I anticipated; always a glass first thing in the morning before working out to kick-start the metabolism, and another after working out.  Just cutting coke out of my diet alone has cut over 600 calories a day.  I’ve started eating healthier and on a better schedule.  And I’m definitely starting to see the results.  My face is losing its chub, and I’m even starting to lose the gut.  It’s definitely still there, mind you, but the results are beginning, which is always motivating!

No comments: