Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day Dilemma

Hung out with Dann, Melissa, Colin, Renee and Jo last night.  Played some fun drinking games, ordered pizza, had an apartment nerf war.  It was good times.  I broke my glasses though (simply taking them off, not from drunken rough-housing, even though there was plenty), and that sucks because that’s like $400 at least, which I don’t have.  They’re still wearable, and the break is hardly noticeable, so for now I’ll get by.

Today is Canada Day.  The office has bear-bones staff in today, but the consoles team were told they could come in if they wanted, which I took advantage of.  Making time and a half.  And we get free Boston Pizza for lunch.

Not sure what I’m going to do tonight.  Dann is hanging out with Brian at a bar, which I’m invited to, but I’m broke.  Melissa works, Nathan is out of town (Vegas!), etc.  Supposedly every Canada Day Edmonton has an amazing fireworks display downtown, with a giant WATERFALL off a bridge.  Sounds amazing.  Canada Day was always a big deal in Winnipeg with my friends and I feel like I should go out tonight, but at the same time I’ve been burning the candle at both ends lately.  Being very ambitious at work, my Mom was in town so entertained her for the weekend (don’t get me wrong, it was great to see her), and then drunken fun last night…  I could really go for a relaxing night at home.  So I might just pick up a case of beer and play some videogames all night with Chad, we’ll see.

Regardless, hope everyone has a great Canada Day!

No comments: