Friday, June 26, 2009

Another Cake Day!

Today is Cake Day!  For the last 2 hours of work we all head to the lunch room and eat cake and mingle, aka play Soul Calibur 4.  My Mom got in town yesterday.  Went for supper with her and caught up, it was good.  Today she’s spending the day at Ikea and then I’m picking her up and giving her a tour of Bioware during Cake Day.  She’s gunna think we don’t do any work here, lol.

On the subject of work, it’s old news that I’ve decided I want to take the QA Design path, and I’ve started doing research to make myself as knowledgeable as possible on the subject.  There are several books I’ve had recommended to me, including the classic The Hero’s Journey by Joseph Campbell, which I will be picking up soon.  I’ve also been reading QA Design related articles on Gamasutra.  It’s such an interesting field I’m looking forward to exposing myself to it.  Done right, videogames could be the future of story-telling.

No comments: