Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It’s A Good Life

S’goooood.

Yup, life is great these days.  I’ve really found my place out here, and absolutely love it.  Winnipeg will always have a place in my heart, no doubt, but I’ve stopped missing it and started loving it here.  Wish I could transport some of the people here with me though!  And soon I will!!!  But more on that in a bit.

dying-cig-man-437 I quit smoking!  For real.  It’s been almost 2 weeks since I’ve had a cigarette.  I used to be able to quit no problem, but this time was very difficult.  I think it was because I was using it as a crutch while I went through the hard parts of moving here, but those days are past, and I was finally able to knock it.  I love smoking, I won’t lie.  But I just couldn’t afford it anymore.  Plus, you know, don’t wanna DIE or anything.

In gaming news, I’m addicted to Sim City 4 right now.  It’s so old school you have to trick it into working on Vista.  But it’s so addictive, and really brings me back.  I still remember the first time I played Sim City my friend’s Dad saw us playing it, thought it was a really neat concept, and asked to try it out.  We spent the next 4 hours begging for the controller back.

Ferelden-Jul. 11, 1011241484029

When I’m not playing Sim City 4 Chad and I have been playing through Resident Evil 5 on coop.  Good fun.  I need to play more 360 games, my gamerscore is pitiful compared to some of the people I know and work with.  I also want to give Uncharted a shot if I can get my hands on a PS3 for a week.

This past weekend I had a great time.  Friday I just stayed in and relaxed after work, but Saturday it was gorgeous out and I ended up spending the entire day walking around Whyte Ave with Dann and Melissa, grabbing food, shopping, chatting and just having a great day.  Whyte Ave gets more and more fun the warmer it gets, and it's got a whole different feel during the day than the evening, and both are great.  A few pix of the day:

So that was a great day.  And things get better.  Chad will be here in less than 2 days!  I pick him up at 7AM Thursday.  I booked Thursday, Friday and Monday off, so we’ll have a good 5 days to have fun.  Then I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but I’m always off at 5 or 6 so it’s not bad.  He leaves on Thursday, so a full week.  Can’t wait to give him the tour of Bioware, since he wants to apply next year.  And all my friends have been hearing about him and can’t wait to meet him, and I’m sure he’ll fit right in.  Gunna be a great week.  And it’ll be funded by the $800 I got on my tax returns!!!  I’m not going to go on a spending spree, cause I put it all to debt and want to keep as much of it there as possible, but it’s nice that I won’t have to be totally cheap while Chad is here!

Yup, life is good!

No comments: