Thursday, January 22, 2009

Decisions

So I had my phone interview with the government job in Winnipeg yesterday.  It was a half an hour interview with a 5 person panel.  I think it went really well.  If I get on the short list I’ll have to fly back to Winnipeg for some further exercises they do to make their final choice.

If I do get the offer, and I also get a second term offer from Bioware (which looks very very likely) I have some tough choices to make…  All practicality says I should take the government job.  It’s quite a bit more pay than Bioware, and costs of living in Winnipeg are almost HALF of what it is here in Edmonton (and I can’t live with my cousin forever), and with the government it tends to be a career for life.  The only real point for Bioware is that it’s something I’m passionate about, but that’s a major point.

One thing that’s been running through my mind is that I like living in Edmonton right now.  Even a few years I could do no problem.  But long term, I don’t see myself spending the rest of my life here.  If I ever start a family, I’d want it to be in Winnipeg.

So I have some thinking to do…

No comments: