Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Further From Home

Things didn’t work out with Kyra.  It really sucks cause she’s the coolest girl I’d met in a long time.  I guess we just underestimated the challenges of the long distance thing.

Sunday night I started feeling a little sick, and sure enough Monday morning I felt like death.  I had to call in sick.  I felt very guilty cause normally I can go up to a year before I call in sick, and this was the beginning of my third week.  Bill had been sick recently, so have a few people at the office, so I guess I just caught whatever was going around.

Spent the whole day in bed watching Frasier, lol.

I’ve started to settle in to my new life here in Edmonton.  I’m beginning to think of myself as an Edmontonian.  I’ve been driving around and can get to several places without the need for my GPS.  Every day life is starting to feel like just that.  Waking up in Winnipeg would actually be weird at this point.  In some ways I’m glad the worst is finally over, cause I was feeling really lonely and homesick for a while there, but at the same time it makes me kind of sad to find myself remembering Winnipeg with nostalgia.  It’s a weird feeling.

Well I’m writing this from work on my break.  Don’t feel as sick as I did yesterday.  It’s finally getting cold out here, and today there’s supposed to be a fire drill so we’ll have to stand outside for up to 15 minutes.  Boo.  Until then I’ll just sit here at my desk with my iPod playing Mars Volta.

No comments: