Monday, October 27, 2008

Nerding It Up

Had today off. Slept in a bit since Kyra and I went for food and coffee at 5AM last night / this morning. Chad texted me and we decided to hang out. As you may have guessed from my previous entry, traffic was insane. Took me almost an hour to get there. He showed me a bunch of really awesome nerdy stuff, like the new additions to WoW for the upcoming patch, and Far Cry 2, which was amazing. He burnt me a copy. We had supper at BK and headed to FutureShop cause we both needed some things. Now I'm writing this as I install Far Cry 2! Thanks Chad!

I got an email today from Bioware in Edmonton. We're scheduling a phone interview. I usually do really well at interviews, so chances of me moving to Edmonton just sky-rocketed. I still don't know how to feel about it, but I just can't pass this opportunity up. I'd hate myself if I didn't follow this through.

If I get it, I'll move in about a month. It's a term position until March, so I'd probably move back in March, hopefully I'd be welcome back in this apartment, but life is unpredictable and I'd totally understand if my friends had different plans. But there's a small possibility I'd stay out there, if the position was a door to a career. But I'll come back often to visit everyone. I know I'd be back for Xmas, and it's not TOO far away, and I love roadtrips. So I'd be back often enough that I wouldn't lose touch with friends and family.

Still, this is an exciting but scary time for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best times are always a little scary.

You can always move back if its not what you had hoped. Its a little harder to call the company back up and tell them you're having second thoughts about turning down your potential dream job. lol

Anonymous said...

I mean calling them up a couple of months after having turned it down.

I would rather have just edited that into my first post, thanks for the lack of options Blogger comments section.