Monday, July 28, 2008

More Music

Some more music I've been listening to lately.

Kwoon - Tales & Dreams:
Saw a video for their song I Lived On The Moon which was really cool. It was on youtube and I found the song quite catchy so downloaded the cd on a whim. A very atmospheric album, great for putting on while I go to sleep. Good stuff!

Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust:
Not their best effort, in my opinion, but Sigur Ros is great even when they're not their greatest. Don't start with this CD if you've never heard them though, start with Takk.

Nine Inch Nails - The Slip:
Trent Reznor is finally free of his record label. In recent news Trent was making a scene by telling people he did not agree with his record label for gouging people for his music in countries that had to import the CD. At several concerts in said countries he would yell at people to download his music for free instead of buying it. While he put his money where his mouth is with this one. Out of nowhere, on his site, the words "Two Weeks..." came up. Two weeks later this CD was available for download for free, not even an option to pay. "This one's on me" he signed off. An awesome CD, made that much better by the cool back story.

You can hear some samples at my recently updated Muxtape!

1 comment:

Marc Munro Scott said...

Hello, I've just started a new blog and found you through similar interests (existentialism) Although I have to say I really like that sigur ros album. If you get a chance, please check out my blog as I'm looking for feedback/discussions with likeminded people.

Cheers

Munro